This just might be my favorite drink ever. It is dairy-free, tastes like a creamy dessert, and the best part is that there are SO MANY health benefits. The main ingredient is Turmeric. Turmeric is said to have over 600 potential health benefits. Yeah, you read that right. SIX-HUNDRED. Some of these include:
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic
- Boosts immunity
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- Promotes digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- Regulates metabolism and weight management
- Memory and brain function
- Various skin conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Lowers triglycerides
AND, According to "Healthy Holistic Living": adding black pepper to turmeric or turmeric-spiced food enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine. By mixing turmeric and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2000%!
I drank this everyday for the past week
...and I feel GREAT. My skin is clear, I have more energy, I fought the cold that I had coming on, and I just overall feel BETTER. You guys have to try this and tell me what you think. The best part is that you probably already have these ingredients in your house!
The recipe is in two parts, HERE IT IS:
1. Turmeric Paste:
- 1/4 cup of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- Mix all ingredients in a small a small sauce pan and mix well.
- Turn the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the mixture is a thick paste.
- This does not take long so don’t walk away from the pan!
- Let this mixture cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge, it will last 1-2 weeks!
2. Golden Milk:
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more of turmeric paste
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan
- Turn the heat to medium
- While heating make sure to stir constantly and do not allow the mixture to boil
- Heat until all of the coconut oil is liquid, and the mixture is a yellow-ish color
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle some cinnamon on top, and ENJOY!