Buddha Bowls are basically big bowls FILLED with healthy and nutritious veggies, various greens, and a healthy grain. These are the new craze in vegetarian and vegan cafés and restaurants. And they’re SO GOOD and full of flavor. Also, they’re really easy to make and you can fill it with any leftover veggies you have in your fridge instead of going to the store for more.
There are so many different recipes for Buddha Bowls, but this one is my favorite right now!
Recipe is as follows:
1/2 sweet potato – cut into cubes
Handful of brussel sprouts – each cut in half
¼ of a white onion - sliced
1/2 zuchinni – spiralized
½ cup of shredded carrots
½ of an avocado
One or two spoonful's of pesto
Handful of garbanzo beans
1 cup of quinoa
OPTIONAL: One Veggie Burger Patty
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with foil
3. Place sweet potato cubes, brussel sprouts, and onion on baking sheet
4. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper
5. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, take it out and flip sweet potatoes and onions over, and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes
6. While the veggies are cooking, cook the quinoa according to directions on the package
7. OPTIONAL: Sautee Zucchini noodles and carrots in a small sauce pan over the stove with a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper
8. OPTIONAL: Cook veggie patty according to directions on package
9. Take veggies out of the oven and place all ingredients in a bowl
10. Top with salt and pepper or lemon juice and Enjoy!